Informatics and Engineering Technical Director
Ilika (www.ilika.com) specialises in the accelerated development of new functional materials using cutting-edge high throughput techniques. Ilika is best known for its work in solid state batteries, which it is now commercialising for applications in the Internet of Things (IoT).
Ilika is a publicly listed company with its head office in Southampton. We offer the successful candidate a competitive package and the opportunity to be part of a world class research team using state of the art equipment in a supportive environment.
Responsibility of the day-to-day operation, development and maintenance of Ilika's high throughput equipment.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Recognise the importance of and create an inspirational can-do culture in the organisation, with a focus on process improvement, adding value to the business;
- Taking the initiative in proposing and implementing solutions for areas for improvement in the Company’s operations;
- Maintaining ISO 9001 standards;
- Maintain and repair existing equipment within Ilika’s main lab;
- Work within Ilika’s Engineering and Informatics team to help meet internal customer needs;
- Assist in the design, manufacture and support of bespoke equipment to assist Ilika's materials development and Stereax battery projects;
- Provide technical knowledge and support to project teams to overcome engineering and electronics problems;
- Assist colleagues in execution of projects to ensure goals of organisation are met;
- Liaising with contract manufacturer and fabricators;
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and instrumentation wiring diagrams to enable fault finding and carry out repairs
- Minimum qualification level HND;
- Milling machine and other mechanical engineering experience;
- Experience in equipment/lab maintenance in a commercial/research lab;
- Basic electronics knowledge an advantage (specifically proven experience of populating PCB boards and other electronics);
- Experience of repairing mechanical, electrical and electronic systems;
- Knowledge of CAD drawing an advantage;
- Knowledge of industrial equipment integration;
- Experience in carrying out written procedures and following risk assessments;
- Demonstrated involvement with procurement and costing of prototype equipment;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team and also using own initiative
- Good attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels;
- Work to deadlines and agreed service standards;
- Excellent IT skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
Applicant must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ilika is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.