Pilot Line Production team, Product Commercialisation Manager and Field Engineers
Ilika (www.ilika.com) specialises in the accelerated development of new functional materials using cutting-edge high throughput techniques. Ilika is best known for its work in solid state batteries, which it is now commercialising for applications in the Internet of Things (IoT).
Ilika is a publicly listed company with its head office in Southampton. We offer the successful candidate a competitive package and the opportunity to be part of a world class research team using state of the art equipment in a supportive environment.
Drive, lead and motivate Ilika’s production team to deliver the company’s Stereax solid-state battery roadmap, to meet the specific demands of a wide range of wireless applications, sensor and motive power.
Overall responsibility for the direction, strategy, planning and delivery of the company’s solid-state battery production process in terms of performance, cost, quality, on-time delivery and technical transfer.
Support Ilika to execute long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management, and leadership.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Work together with the company’s scientific team to bring robust industrial processes to bear on the scale-up of lab-based inventions;
- Implement risk mitigation strategies to increase the likelihood of early implementation success;
- Contribute to the product delivery roadmap in terms of technical performance, quality performance, and schedule performance;
- Identify and liaise with manufacturing scale-up partners;
- Support technology transfer to licensees;
- Work closely with the CEO, CSO and cross-functional partners on manufacturing plans, goals, and future product innovations;
- Develop plans for new areas of technology for the manufacturing functions to ensure and sustain leading edge capabilities;
- Skilled in manufacturing processes of the semiconductor, compound semiconductor or MEMS industry
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma process improvements;
- Previous experience in technology transfer to multiple licensees or joint venture partners;
- Evident leadership and management skills to enable the creation of a highly capable and sustainable operations function;
- Scientific or engineering degrees in a relevant discipline;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team both as a leader and a member;
- Motivating attitude and demonstrated ability to positively influence organisational culture;
- Experience with successfully managing vendors and suppliers on time, on budget delivery with high operational availability.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ilika is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.