Lead Software Developer/Full Stack
HiveWire is an early stage health tech startup who are radically changing healthcare. They have made an encrypted smartphone communication platform for doctors and nurses to help replace the pagers and fax machines used in 95% of hospitals today. They are on the cusp of huge growth following a round of investment and are looking for a lead developer, who will possibly become their future CTO, to help solve some of the novel problems they will face on the journey ahead.
Social responsibility lies at their core. Enabling doctors and nurses to make better, faster decisions to improve the outcome of unwell patients is their goal. Their founding team is made up of an ex-doctor and an ex-NHS business director. Their technology is about to be used in a first of its kind clinical research trial in a large hospital to evaluate it’s efficacy as part of a national research paper. Hivewire even have their first customer in the private sector too. Over the next 12 months they plan to grow their customer base as well the functionality of their tech in novel and exciting ways. There is no other health tech company out there right now who’s taking the same approach as they are.
As lead developer at HiveWire you’ll be passionate about using the latest technology to create lasting social impact and not fear diving into any problem in the entire software stack. You will play an important role in setting company strategy, be involved in key business decisions and have a huge degree of autonomy over their technology. You will work closely with their small executive team and be the main driving force behind the future products they plan on adding to the HiveWire platform and their move to a scalable infrastructure. You will also have a direct say in their future engineering hires and travel to client sites to meet NHS execs and clinicians.
- 3+ years experience as an enterprise mobile app developer in iOS and Android. Excellent Java, Swift and Objective C skills.
- Experience of server infrastructure and administration - their backend architecture uses Node.js, deployed on Azure
- Knowledge of MongoDB and SQL
- Experience integrating into API's utilising REST & JSON
- Have exposure to web/mobile security: encryption, certification, security on the transport layer
- Experience implementing airtight tests and version control
- Avid user of Git/Github
- Day to day system administration
- Performing code reviews on mobile development work.
- Ability to manage a small team of developers both in house and out sourced with an agile approach
- Superb communication skills
- Direct say in all future engineering hires
- Very flexible working hours and locations
- Top spec office working environment
- Meaningful equity stake which will increase with milestones achieved
- Possibly progress to CTO role as we continue to grow
Join Hivewire and make your mark!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Highly competitive with potential for equity on top
To apply please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to Dr Dilan Pathmajothy at firstname.lastname@example.org