Business Development Executive – Salary £40k to £45k
Chilworth Technology is a world leader in process safety testing and consultancy. Within the UK, the company has fully equipped laboratory and office facilities on the outskirts of Southampton, in the beautiful setting of Southampton Science Park. They serve blue chip global companies with expert services across a range of industrial sectors from their businesses on four continents.
Working as an integral part of the existing Business Development Team, you will be responsible for sales & business development activity within your territory, from initial enquiry through to quote generation. You will be responsible for performing customer site visits & sales report generation and for scoping customer requirements from a commercial perspective. A proven ability to build and enhance customer relationships is essential as you will also play a key role in converting clients into key accounts. Technical knowledge development is a pivotal requirement for success. Being able to liaise with clients at a technical level by learning and understanding process safety science is a pre-requisite. The successful candidate will be degree qualified in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, with at least 10 years technical sales exposure working within an engineering/ chemical process safety sector/ manufacturing environment.
The position will involve working closely with colleagues in the Consulting, Laboratory, Accounting and Business Development Support functions and will include the attendance of regular EMEA Sales Team meetings.
- Developing and implementing customer and product specific sales plans in collaboration with the Business Development Manager
- Identifying, developing and realising sales revenue with new Customers, business and product opportunities
- Issuing quotations and converting these to sales revenue
- Providing a focal point for contact with the Customer base
- Developing and maintaining a personal contact database with information to be made available to SAP users
- Identifying and developing opportunities for allied business units such as JCI and members of the Chilworth Global partnership in collaboration with other members of the Business Development team
- Attending exhibitions, conferences, etc. as agreed with the Business Development Manager
- Managing day to day sales at accounts in collaboration with other members of the Business Development & Marketing team to maximise the overall business development and sales performance
Chilworth Technology are willing to consider a candidate who could work remotely but the candidate must be able to come to Phi House on regular occasions.
Benefits include, 25 days holiday entitlement, company car, contributory company pension scheme, target based bonus scheme and life assurance cover. Normal hours of work are 08:45 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday & 08:45 to 15:10 Friday.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a covering letter with your CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .